Monday, January 18, 2016

Manic Monday Triple Overtime--The Secret Pecking Order Amongst Scientists!

Look, you and I, as muggles, may think that all scientists are the same kind of nerds and losers.

But like any other strata of society, among scientists, some are cooler than others.

Just ask Barry Allen:

What. A. Dick.

I can just imagine the science club meetings: "We're practical scientists--all of you theoreticians have to stay and clean up!" Nerd on nerd bullying is really the worst.

Sadly, Ray Plamer did not come back with "I deliberately turned a piece of dwarf star matter into a size-changing device that let's me explore atoms--that sound pretty practical to me, Mr. I Was Accidentally Doused With Chemicals But Still Call It Science!"

Nor did Ray just haul off and punch him. Which he totally should have.

From Super-Team Family #11 (1977)

2 comments:

Mista Whiskas said...

Yeah, we all know that prestigious Nobel in practical science all those theoretical scientists cry themselves to sleep thinking about.

George Chambers said...

Yeah, I remember reading this when it came out and thinking just how out of character this was for Barry. Just poor writing and art.