Saturday, May 14, 2016

I'm Certain This Is What The Netflix Defenders Series Will Be Like!

I think I'm going to read me some Defenders comic books today!! Yup, Doc Strange, the Sub-Mariner, Hulk, Valkyrie...

No, no, not those Defenders!!

I've got nothing against Robert Reed and E.G. Marshall and what the Museum of Broadcasting called "perhaps the most socially-conscious series the medium has ever seen."

But I wants me some Nighthawk! Some Hellcat!! Some Gargoyle!! Here we go!!
 
Nooo......

I've really got to work on a better filing system for my comics.

Man, those Dell adaptation covers really knew how to draw a reader in with action and drama, didn't they?

The Defenders #1 is from 1962, and #2 is from 1963

3 comments:

Brian said...

Of course, with Matt Murdock involved, those issue previews could still work...

snell said...

Yeah, but despite tremendous lip service, the Netflix/MCU Matt Murdock is a TERRIBLE lawyer, and he'd rather do anything than be in the courtroom...

Brian said...

And that's why Foogy needs Robert Reed and E.G. Marshall for the next Punisher trial!