Monday, May 11, 2015

Manic Monday Triple Overtime--Namor The Pirate Boy-Toy!!

And then there was that time the Sub-Mariner went back in time and became a pirate...

See, Namor got lost swimming in a mysterious fog in the Sargasso Sea, and, inevitably:

All goes as expected, until Namor catches sight of the pirate captain:

Of course, it's love for Namor...

At least she got him to put on some clothes (sort of)...except, of course, for the (tasteful) naked canoodling:




Ah, but all good things must come to an end, and as Namor finds himself back in modern times...

Oh, Bill Mantlo...that was a terrible finishing line!

From Marvel Fanfare #43 (1989). Yes, the art is by Mike Mignola, with inks by P. Craig Russell.

3 comments:

SF said...

Now I'm trying to remember if I ever saw that artistic duo together on anything else. I associate them both with Michael Moorcock comics, but I don't think they ever worked together there?

I never know what to do with art like this, where the general art is very much to my liking but I hate they way they've drawn the main character.

Brian said...

"Oh, Bill Mantlo...that was a terrible finishing line!"

...or was it?

Soraya Silva said...

https://www.facebook.com/NamornoBrasil/