Monday, December 5, 2011

Ask The Answer Manic Monday #5--And You Thought Skip Weeks Were Bad!!

To all of you who were dismayed by the small number of DC books out last week: it could have been worse:

Wow.

Apparently, in the wake of the DC Implosion, DC changed to a twice a month distribution schedule, instead of weekly?Link

I mean, wow. I never noticed--I was a Marvel Zombie at the time, so as long as my books came out, I very well might never have noticed.

Then again, it couldn't have lasted too long...I'm sure DC soon realized that it was folly to not have anything for the newsstands every other week, when Marvel et al were only too glad to fill those spots. And the direct market was in its formative stages, and would demand weekly product to keep the customers streaming in.

So skip week? Bah!! Back in my day, DC had 2 (or 3!) skip weeks every month--and we liked it!!

Answer Man column from Action Comics #502 (1979)

No comments: