Saturday, November 10, 2012

Non-Self Awareness Satruday: The Stupidest Pull-Quote Of All Time

So, I'm sitting in Taco Bell, reading issue #3 of The New Crusaders...

...a pleasant enough book, nothing to write home about, but certainly not bad in any way.

But then, when I was done, I glance at the back cover:

So, the back cover is filled with pull-quote reviews of the book.

I'm not sure how effective that might be--how many potential customers are going to look at the back cover of a comic before deciding to buy?--but hey, that's why I don't run a comic book company.

But then I actually read some of the quotes, and, well, there was this:




What? I mean...?!?!

Not only is the quote pretty incredibly stupid, it's even stupider in the original full quote: "It's like Watchmen only with 100% less blue male gentitalia." And, yes, genitalia was misspelled in the original.

But, it's so stupid a quote, it makes Red Circle themselves look stupid and clueless for running it.

So all parties involved richly deserve this:



However ,if they'd like to turn "a pleasant enough book, nothing to write home about, but certainly not bad in any way." into a pull quote, well, be my guest!

1 comment:

tom said...

"A book to write home about.. not bad in any way!"-- Slay, Monstrobot of the Deep.