Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tales From The Quarter Bin--It Will Be Mine. Oh, Yes, It Will Be Mine!

The hunt is on.

While taking a quick dive through the quarter bin this week, I found this:

Don't worry, I'm not going to savage some evangelical Christian comic book. No, what really caught my eye was the back cover ad:

I've seen most of these before, even own a couple of them. But this fragment caught my eye:

So, engaging in a little internet detective work, and by the good graces of GCD, I found out that snippet was from this:

Wow.

I have never wanted a comic book so much in my entire life (except for this one).

You'll have to excuse me, because I'm going to be scouring quarter bins for awhile. But I will find it. Oh, yes, I will. And it will be mine...


9 comments:

ShadowWing Tronix said...

I read a review of that online somewhere once. It's not as cracky as it sounds.

Anthony W said...

My imagination is running wild, wait no it isn't, ShadowWingTronix fenced it in.

Anonymous said...

Yeah it was reviewed on good ol' gone and forgotten a while back: http://ape-law.com/GAF/2007/09/classic-gone-and-forgotten-hansi-girl.html

ShadowWing Tronix said...

Not the review I saw (I think I found it through another site, so I wouldn't be able to find it if I tried), but some good points there (I say as a Christian). The review I saw claimed that it was based on a true story, but it actually sounds kind of boring.

Siskoid said...

What.

googum said...

I'm glad theotheradamford had the GaF link; I thought it was the late, lamented Ye Olde Comic Blogge. I was close: they covered the Cross and the Switchblade Check it out!

Dan said...

The Silver Age Comics blog recently ran an article about this issue:

http://sacomics.blogspot.com/2009/09/hansi-girl-who-loved-swastika.html

snell said...

Guys, guys...I don't want reviews and articles, i want the actual issue!! It must be mine!!

Anonymous said...

Snell,

Well, I'm curious. Have you found it yet?