Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Meet The Guardians!!

I know, I know, the classic Guardians Of The Galaxy can be intimidating. They have actual histories that are a bit more complex than "Hey, I fancy myself a rogue! Like me, dammit!" or "I'm a killer, and that's all you need to know!"

Take Vance Astro--there's two of him! What the heck?!?!

Easy peasy:

See?

And what about Starhawk? He's so powerful, but so mysterious...what's his deal?

And what about Martinex? Martinex never gets no love! What's up with him?

See? Lovable guys, all!!

But I hear you protesting--"What about Chris Pratt?"

You got me there...pretty damn dreamy.

Still, Vance Astro got dead sexy as the series went on:

From Guardians Of The Galaxy Annual #1 (1991). Guardians Of The Galaxy #20 is from 1992

4 comments:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Whoever wrote the copy must be working on DC: REBIRTH now. We can't say when, but it WILL happen! The one who knows doesn't know! And someone changes their appearance! Is it evolution? Can't say! Did an editor with the same letters on his chest as Daredevil decide to put everyone in armor and pop collars? Not sure!

Madman said...

I was prepared to like -- I wanted to like -- the original Guardians, but there wasn't much there. It was lackluster and setting it 1000 years in the future didn't help matters at all.

It was dopey. Unfortunately

Unknown said...

That moment when Yondu mentions how it's a good thing he DIDN'T drop Quill off with his father and the fact the MCU keeps insisting on how important the Infinity knick knacks are has me wondering if the classic Guardians may not show up in some form. Say, using the orange one to go back in time and set up their group years before to prepare for a certain species invasion.

Mista Whiskas said...

Big fan of the original Guardians myself, thanks for the post!