Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Night Fights--Horshack Style!!

This current bout of Friday Night Fights is Minimum Clonage--we can't re-use any fighters during these twelve rounds. So let's check my list so far:

Spider-Man
Judomaster
Marl Kincaid
T.H.E. Cat
Namor


One thing I've noticed--when I do the obscure characters, I don't win (even when they throw hyenas at henchmen!!). When I do a mainstream hero, I win!!

Therefore, I accept the challenge--to win when I use a non-mainstream character, instead of just some Marvel or DC hero thwacking someone!! I won't stop until I succeed (editor's note--he probably will get bored with this real soon, then it's back to Marvel slugfests).

This week? The fight everyone from my generation has been dreaming of for 30+ years, as portrayed in this rather amazing comic:

Yes, before DC had Wildstorm to slough all their TV adaptations onto, they had their own line, DC TV. And yes, DC actually published a Welcome Back, Kotter comic book, which somehow lasted 10 bi-monthly issues during the "glory days" of that show, before Gabe Kaplan found his true calling in the world of high stakes poker.

Anyhoo, if you were of my generation (or of a later generation who witnessed the carnage on Nick At Nite re-runs), you've been waiting your whole life for this: Gabe Kotter taking down Arnold Horshack!!


Ahhhh, that was good, wasn't it? Spacebooger himself has wanted to smack Horshack for a number of years, I reckon...

Bob Toomey and Bob Oksner (with an "assist from Ric Estrada") fulfilled your dreams in Welcome Back, Kotter #8 (1977).

Now, unless you want me to get seriously strange with the rest of my Friday Night Fights this bout, you'd better go vote for me. Or next week is The Flying Nun...

2 comments:

Gary said...

Promise us you'll use the Flaying Nun whether you win or lose, snell!

ShadowWing Tronix said...

Yeah, in this group threatening to not use the Flying Nun will cost you a vote. :)