Saturday, October 16, 2010

Questions Based On The First Panel Of One Of This Week's Comics Part I

From the first panel of this week's Return Of Bruce Wayne #5:

Now, maybe this is just me, or maybe it's the really odd way time gets portrayed in comic books...but Tim Drake was Batman's partner for a longer period of time than Dick Grayson??

I always got the impression that Dick Grayson started as Robin at a younger age than Tim did (check for example, the portrayal of Grayson's age in All-Star Goddmaned Batman...not canon, I know, but still)...and Dick while was Batman's partner until he left for college, whereas Tim, if I recall correctly, dropped out of high school to become Red Robin and search for Bruce. So, as I perceived it, Dick started younger and stayed at least a little bit longer.

Hey, I could be wrong. Maybe I'm just old and the cognitive dissonance of the possibility of anybody being Robin longer than Dick Grayson is warping my brain. Or maybe Superboy-Prime just punched the universe again...I'm just askin', you know?

4 comments:

MOCK! said...

I have tried typing a response three or four times, but they all basically said "Hmmm..." several different ways...

snell said...

Hmmm is a perfectly appropriate response.

Siskoid said...

Tim is posturing.

Perplexio said...

Well Dick continued as Robin into his college years but towards the end wasn't he more Robin, leader of the New Teen Titans and less Robin, Batman's sidekick?