Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Night Fights---The Vision Is Radder Than You Think Style!!

Well, I guess I can only make one, desperate, last-ditch effort to convince you that the Vision is radder than you think.

And since it's Friday, I can use Friday Night Fights to answer the musical question: "snell, why is the Vision so rad?"

The musical answer, of course, is that the Vision can, by himself, kick the living crap out of the entire Justice League.

OK, OK, quibble away. By "Justice League", I actually mean Marvel's thinly-veiled alternate-universe analogues of the JLA, the Squadron Supreme. And by "entire," I mean three members.

Still, the way the Vision cuts through them here, there's not much doubt he could take of the rest of the Squadron with one synthetic arm tied behind his back.

It starts when Superman, Green Arrow, and Black Canary--oops, I mean Hyperion, Golden Archer, and Lady Lark...sorry--have captured the Scarlet Witch. Their mistake, as we find out (to the tune of death metal group Cadaver and their song Blurred Vision):

You're gasping for breath
Your heart stops to beat

You'd enter your death
And your soul would release

Your death'll have to wait
I choose your fate
You'll find no rest
When your body lies in the chest

I pulverise your dreams
Resurrect you without limbs
No one hears your screams

Add Image...Blurred visions
Of a life to be

An existence pain
To last eternally

I manipulate your will
And you won't hesitate
When I order you to kill

Your death'll have to wait
I choose your fate

You'll find no rest
When your body lies in the chest


Zounds!!!

By now, even Spacebooger would have to concede: the Vision is radder than he thought!! To be concluded tomorrow...

The Vision (who is radder than you think) destroys the Satellite Era Just...errr, Squadron Supereme in Avengers #147 (1976), by Steve Englehart, George Freakin' Perez, and Vince Coletta.

Lyrics and "video" below...the fight sequence really rocks if you read in in time with the music...

Lyrics | Cadaver lyrics - Blurred Visions lyrics




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, here's a puzzler. And I don't know who to ask other than the famous Snell (how that's for kissin' up?).

How many copies were published in the 1st run of the 1997 Squadron Supreme tpb?

I've just paid big but deserved bucks for Mark Gruenwald's ashes. But I'd like to know what kind of percentage I really get. Sorry. I'm morbid like that.

Where does one go to find information on accurate numbers for publication runs?

Any help: greatly appreciated.

snell said...

You got me...I've tried noodling around the net a bit, no luck. Ask the publisher, perhaps?