Friday, September 1, 2017

In Case Of Emergency, Please Use This Post!

Well, it looks as if we're not doing Friday Night Fights today, and I'm at work with not a lot of time or access to my stuff, so, well, here's this:

I've told the story before, but this was the very first comic I ever purchased for myself with my very own money. Yes, it was "STILL ONLY 25¢"! I had fifty cents, so it was a choice between 1 issue of MAD or two comics. (FYI, the other comic was Incredible Hulk #199).

It was the World's Greatest Comic Magazine! Power Man vs. the Thing! In an exo-skeleton!! Puppet Master!! Radioactive mind control clay!! Roy Thomas!! George Perez!!

Is it any wonder I was hooked?

Substantive posts return tomorrow...

From Fantastic Four #170 (1976)

1 comment:

Captain Entropy said...

This looks like an awesome issue, so the post is plenty substantive for me.