Saturday, September 19, 2009

Unrealized Possibilities

While reading this week's terribly depressing Brave & Bold issue teaming Batman with Dial H For Hero (and isn't that what we all want from Dial H For Hero--depression and angst for young Robbie Reed??), it struck me that there are a lot of ideas untapped by the "Dial" concept.

At various times during the series' various incarnations, there have been other letters besides H-E-R-O available on the dial (one time someone dialed V-I-L-L-A-I-N, for example).

And I'm thinking, if I had that dial, you know what I'd dial? T-A-C-O-S. And then tacos would appear. Mmmm, tacos.

Dial T For Tacos...now that would be a great series.

Other, (perhaps only marginally) more serious thoughts:

**It's the 21st century. Shouldn't it now be Text H For Hero? Or Twitter H For Hero? Or iPhone App For Hero?

**Really seriously, if DC is looking for a concept for another kiddie comic or cartoon series, isn't DHFH a natural? I mean, why isn't this happening? (And why isn't DC suing Ben 10? Just kidding...) Why, instead, is JMS giving us tales of suicide and Robbie Reed letting others die because of his own fear of mortality (and Batman approving!!)??

**At the end of Will Pfeiffer's 2003 series H.E.R.O., the Dial was transported back to 50,000 B.C. Last we saw, Bruce Wayne Batman was trapped back in caveman days. I'm just sayin'...

Please don't ask me what the deal with this post is. Sometimes weird shit pops into my brain. Alls I know is, I haven't been able to get the phrase "Dial T For Tacos" out of my head all week, and I figured, why not share the misery?

Just don't ask about Sarek and the waffles...



2 comments:

Booksteve said...

Appreciate the warning on Brave and Bold. Going to make tacos for breakfast now, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sarek says, "Have some waffles, Dude..."