Monday, November 10, 2008

Manic Monday--Countdown

This is going to be kind of a low content week, because...



Things are ramping up to a fever pitch over on my Bond blog, I Expect You To Die, as we await the U.S. debut of the latest 007 epic, Quantum of Solace. So as rearrange my schedule in order to view QoS as many times as humanly possible next week, and get my Bond posting up to speed, comics will be on a little bit of a back burner.

I won't be completely absent, but don't expect the usual post-a-day until next week.

Meanwhile, c'mon over and check out the Bond blog, if you care to.

Question: why the hell don't we have an ongoing James Bond comic book? Someone get to work on that...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why no Bond comic? I don't know. I know Dark Horse tried it a couple of times, and I remember the first issue of Mike Grell's Bond. (Just the first, since I think that one ran super-late at the time.)

Best guess? It's probably a spendy license, and who knows what you get with it: certainly not actor likeness rights, possibly not even some characters like Q.

Anonymous said...

I think DC had one as well, and another title for James Bond, Jr. (he noted, not knowing what Snell's thought are about that series).

Sea-of-Green said...

Those spectacular stunts and explosions just don't translate well to comic book form, I guess.