Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pig Biting Mad

It's a sad, sad day:


Weekly World News has ceased paper publication. It will still be available as an online entity, but that hardly the same thing.


Oh the hours I amused myself in grocery checkout lines with WWN. No celebrity pap...no Bradgelina, no TomKat, no LiLo. Just good, hard news.


What, you don't believe the stories? Well, as I always tell my skeptical friends, they wouldn't print it if it weren't true, would they?


So farewell, Batboy. Au revoir, Manigator. Sleep well, Avocado Baby. Time Travel Dog (from the Future!), you will be missed. Alien who endorsed George W. Bush, please don't lose touch.


And Ed Anger. Most of all Ed Anger. Keep writing those frothy editorials. Please. Please don't ever stop being "pig-biting mad" or "angrier than a beaver in the desert."

I'm sure I'll try to check in online occasionally. But it just won't be the same... there won't be the element of surprise we had every week, while I waited for the foolish person in line ahead of me to challenge the cashier on the price of EVERY SINGLE ITEM in her basket. And the only relief available was reading about diet secrets from the Dead Sea Scrolls, or the government plan to make all our money radioactive to track terrorists, or...Sigh...


So, who's getting custody of Britney's kids?

No comments: