Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bold Fashion Choices--The New, New Spider-Man

In last week's Amazing Spider-Man (not this week's, where Mephisto turns into an evil red pigeon in order to change history--be bold, Joe Quesada, let that stellar imagination run wild!!), when Spidey is about to kill Kraven, the new Madame Web shows Spidey what his future would be like. Which includes a view of this costume:

Sure, Peter becoming a death-dealing vigilante isn't great, but I have to say--I dig that costume. Very pulp, very Dominic Fortune meets Spider-Man.

And since Steve Wacker dropped the bomb that there is a new Spider-Man coming...could this be a preview?? Stay tuned, campers....

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

That outfit comes from ASM #500, where Spidey sees a possible future version of himself in that outfit, fighting off cops at the graveyard of Aunt May. It's pretty cool stuff, with lovely JRJR artwork. I do really like that outfit ^_^

http://i29.tinypic.com/14bm0r7.jpg

snell said...

Thanks for the tip, Jeremy...I wasn't reading Spidey at that point in time, so I missed it...

Lazarus Lupin said...

Right, just like boys have action figures not DOLLS, new costumes are just dress up. Everyone wants their chance to show their taste(?) That being said, I like this one. I've always liked the "classic" look of a more uniform style. This doesn't mean I hate spidey classic, its so iconic it hurts!

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
arts and review