Monday, July 27, 2009

Manic Monday--Who Of The What Now?!?

From Marvel's October solicitations:

Really? Are you sure about that?

Yeah, I guess they're sure.

I guess I don't have a big problem with changing "Brother Voodoo" to "Doctor Voodoo," although I can't help but wonder why. Is it required that the Sorcerer Supreme have the "Doctor" title? I don't remember anybody calling out "Doctor Ancient One."

(Maybe they're doing it so Bendis can't give us more of the "Brudder Voodoo" crap...I'm just sayin'.)

But do we need to make the title of the mag ridiculously long by adding on "Avenger of the Supernatural"??!!

Does that mean he's going to be an Avenger? Does it mean if you're not supernatural, he's not going to help you? Does he not prevent supernatural crises, but only avenges them?

I know, I know, it's probably just put of Marvel's marketing strategy to make Avenger as big a brand name as X-Men. But still, it's unwieldy, ungraceful, and silly.

By the way, the Billy Tan cover really rocks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"By the way, the Billy Tan cover really rocks..."

Which you can thank Frank Brunner for:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/doctor-strange/1-20.jpg

snell said...

Oh, I recognized the Brunner tribute. I was just stunned that one of these young gun artists knew enough to actually DO a Frank Brunner tribute...