Tuesday, May 3, 2011

MD

This is my 1,500th post.

In other words--suck it, Action Comics!

It's just an arbitrary number, I know. But you know the interesting thing about 1,500?

It's a really, really big number. And yet, I've barely begun to scratch the surface of comic books. Hell, I've barely begun to scratch the surface of just my collection.

That's the beauty part--over the past 75+ years, there have been literally billions of comic books published* (*editor's note--not really), and billions more will be published in the future* (*editor's note--ibid.). Even on the days when I've got writer's block, all I have to do is open up a long box or plop in a DVD-Rom or hit the quarter bin and suddenly I'm drowning in things I want to write about.

So, in other words, you're stuck with me for quite awhile yet.

Thanks to all readers, more thanks to all commenters, and triple thanks to everyone who creates--or has created--comic books, good, bad or indifferent.

I don't want to do a bunch of "greatest hits" links, but I do want to call attention to my greatest post that no one ever commented on. I mean, really, guys--nothing to say about THAT?

And to close, let us reflect on the philosophy of one Tony Stark:

Right on.

8 comments:

Siskoid said...

Right on indeed! Glad to hear you've got lots more juice in your box!

I remember my 1500th post.. Good times.

Gary said...

1,500? Congratulations, man - yes it's an abitrary number but it's still one worth celebrating!

Keep it coming.

Matt said...

That's crazy. Congratulations!

Chris B said...

Keep em coming, Snell! Congrats

Mark Engblom said...

Congrats, Snell! Monstrobot is a daily destination for me, and I'm always entertained! Keep up the great work!!!

Scott said...

Gratz, man. You are a greater man than I will ever be. :)

Martin Gray said...

Congratulations! Brother, you are so TO- tether!

Jack Hare said...

1,500, that's the Strontium anniversary I believe? Here's to another 1,500 slain!