Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vacation--An Artist's Rendering

Well, it's the dog days, I've got a little jack saved up--it's time to hit Las Vegas, baby!!

Actually, by the time this publishes, I'll already be in the air. And once I land, there won't be any comic books, that's for sure. Hell, I won't even be able to get the week's batch of comics until Saturday at the earliest, and I'll be focused on...other things...

But don't worry--despite spending the week wallowing in hedonism and decadence, I've had the foresight to arrange a few mini-posts throughout the week so you, the reader, won't be deprived of my annoying snark, poor writing and worse editing.

Meanwhile, I've arranged a pictorial preview of my vacation for you. It will start with a tour trip to Boulder Dam:

What comes next? Decisions, decisions...

Maybe I'll take a stop at one of the museums depicting LV's gangster heritage...


Perhaps I'll notice that the Las Vegas Police Department are a pretty snazzy bunch of dressers...

I'll definitely notice that Herb Trimpe has apparently never seen an actual roulette wheel:

But eventually the floodgates will open:

And I'll be swept away in the delirium that is Vegas...

I'll experience triumph and tragedy...


But by the end of the week:

So see you cats later. Everybody be good now, OK??

Look, is there some reason you haven't purchased Essential Godzilla yet, which contains Godzilla #9 (1978) by Doug Moench and Herb Trimpe? Then your life is considerably sadder than it needs to be. The very next issue, for example, featured a three-way battle in the Grand Canyon between Godzilla, a giant sasquatch, and a child-operated giant mecha with a laser sword. And then the big guy gets recruited by an alien race who (seriously) use monster battles to settle their political disputes, and it turns out Godzilla is better than any they've got. And don't get me started on the epic in which Godzilla battles the FF and the Avengers, gets shrunk down to rat size by Pym Particles, gets sent back in time to fight Devil Dinosaur, and...well, look, just get it, OK??

1 comment:

Martin Wisse said...

I got it! I got it! As soon as I saw that particular volume in the bookstore I had to have it. Now if only they bring out an Essential Shogun Warriors...