Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Greatest Cover You've Never Seen--Superboy #112 (1964)

Some Silver Age DC covers are just so perfectly bizarre:

Questions, I've got questions...

1) The Kents worked as a butler and maid? How very Smallville Abbey. Is there an Alfred crossover at all?

2) The rich dude is going to fire them because they have a flying baby? If I were a rich dude, I would reward my employees for stuff like that...

3) The rich dude's companion--WTF? Cigarette holder, sunglasses and kicky cravat? Please tell me he has a German accent and is a film director, too...

4) So, Superbaby can memorize an entire nursery rhyme, but still cannot master the most basic grammar?

5) Why, oh why do I not have this comic book?

Superboy #112 is from 1964

4 comments:

Dandy Forsdyke said...

What diet has Martha Kent been on - nice trim figure there..

SallyP said...

I can see Pa Kent as a footman/butler, but Martha is a bit long in the tooth to be a parlor maid.

I'm not even getting into the whole serving up a flying baby thing!

notintheface said...

I still imagine Superbaby talking like Stewie Griffin.

Martin Gray said...

I have this one somewhere, inherited from a neighbour when I was little. I can't remember anything about it though, darn. Must dig it out.