Monday, January 21, 2013

Manic Monday--Be Careful Of What You Ask For

Despite my sincere warning, MOCK! wanted to know the deep dark secret of how Supergirl was cured of being the "Wolf-Girl of Stanhope" in Adventure Comics #387 (1969).

Now, I don't have the issue in question, but fortunately for mankind, this wiki has a fairly completer synopsis of the story, which I will cut and paste shamelessly:

Dr. Sanford develops a serum that can make Supergirl immune to Kryptonite, but it also gives her a hairy wolf's face and hairy hands. Superman and Dr. Sanford try to find an antidote for the serum, but neither have any luck. Ironically, though, a Supergirl from a parallel universe where hairy wolf-faces are the norm for humans has taken a similar serum, which makes her into a smooth-faced freak. The barriers between their dimensions are opened by an explosion which occurs after Supergirl rescues astronauts from a faulty rocket. After they meet and compare notes, both Supergirls take serum developed by the Dr. Sanfords of each universe. The heroines' normal appearances are restored, and they return to their native dimensions, sealing the warp with their heat-vision.

I did warn you...

3 comments:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Now THIS explains why there is a werewolf Earth in the multiverse according to ABSOLUTE COIE. I think it is Earth-397, after the issue#.

snell said...

Damn it, now you're making me want to buy Absolute COIE...

MOCK! said...

And I think I want to buy the issue!