Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Flashback--In Which I Predicted The Casting Of The Man Of Steel

Sometime I'm so prescient I amaze even myself.

In light of a casting rumor now making the rounds about The Man Of Steel movie, I thought it appropriate to re-link to this entry I ran 2 1/2 years ago. Because obviously I (and a 50 year old romance comic) were predicting the future...

As to how I feel about this "Jenny Olsen" business? Well, it's not like there has been a single interesting nanosecond of Jimmy Olsen in any of the prior movies, so it's not as if we're giving up much...

THE FOLLOWING IS A SLAY MONSTROBOT CLASSIC:

Bold Fashion Choices--Oh My God, Jimmy Olsen Is HOT!!!

Androgyny wasn't invented in the 1980's, no matter what VH1 tells you about Boy George or Annie Lennox:

Va va voom! Bow ties, fitted dress shirts, your brother's belt...if cross-dressing like this is wrong, I don't wanna be right!!

From Young Romance #124 (1963).

BONUS: What's that book she's reading??

Textbooks For Dummies--another trend that really started in the 1960s!!!

1 comment:

Siskoid said...

I'm up for it.

However, it does mean Jimmy's gonna suffer a sex change in the comics sooner or later.

Corroborating evidence: Nick Fury.