Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Night Fights--Kirking The Gorn Style!!

Tarzan is just like James T. Kirk.

There, I said it. And I shall go about proving it through this week's Friday Night Fights.

Korbu is the nasty leader of a tribe of cannibal headhunters. Not just cannibals. Not just headhunters. Cannibal headhunters. Eek!

In his quest to rule the whole region, Korbu slew the chief of the Waziri tribe--Tarzan's friend--and stole his infant son, N'Gamu, to raise as his own.

Korbu demands that N'Gamu prove himself worthy to rule by defeating captured Tarzan in combat!!

Let's watch, shall we?!?














You see? Tarzan just totally Kirked his Gorn!!

Don't look at me like that--it's a perfectly cromulent phrase!!

What does it mean? Perhaps this clip will enlighten you...



See what I mean? Tarzan didn't kill N'Gamu...he Kirked his Gorn!!

Spacebooger is convinced I have taken leave of my senses...but I shall have the last laugh when the phrase "Kirked my Gorn" sweeps through the nation!!

Joe Kubert (script and breakdowns) and Franc Reyes (finishes) showed Tarzan sparing his victim in Tarzan #239 (1975).

Now is the time for you to go and vote for my fight. Why? Because if you do, someday I may Kirk your Gorn. So go vote!!





1 comment:

SallyP said...

Gosharootie, that Kubert art is beautiful.

And you can kirk my gorn any day!