Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday Night Fights--Proportionate Strength of a Spider Edition!!

Tonight, we learn that with great power, comes great ass-whooping:

That'll teach you to father illegitimate twins with my girlfriend, you ret-conning bastard!

BAM!!!

Sadly, despite the punch, the Goblin kills Gwen Stacy on the next page. Sigh...

Of course, if that happened today, Spider-Man would run around badgering everyone, feeling sorry for himself, and eventually making a deal with Mephisto to save Gwen's life, if only he agrees to forget Aunt May forever....double sigh...

And howzabout a shout out for Gil Kane? His run on Spider-Man never receives enough appreciation, if you ask me.

You know who else doesn't receive enough appreciation? Bahlactus, that's who--he's so powerful, the devil comes begging to him for deals.

Peter's ultimately futile power punch is from Amazing Spider-Man #121, the beginning of the Bronze Age. And I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and singing while I pretend that none of the Clone Sagas or Sins Past or any of that other nonsense ever happened. Lalalalalalalalalalala....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome sound effect.