Saturday, February 4, 2012

Spoiler Saturday--Avengers: X-Sanction #3 (and #4)

I really am going to spoil the living hell out of Avengers: X-Sanction #3, specifically the ending, just for the sake of a trivial observation/joke. So if you haven't read it, you might want to come back later. It's OK, we'll still be here.

Spoilage begins after the random pictures from Puppy Bowl:





All right, spoilers ahoy!!

Here's the last page from issue #3:

And here's the "next issue" page:

Wow, I'm glad everybody took time during the incredibly tense and powerful confrontation to change their clothes!!

Yeah, that was so worth it...

7 comments:

notintheface said...

Why does Cable look like Colossus with a bad case of Roid Rage?

SallyP said...

I...I think that I prefer looking at the puppies.

Martin Gray said...

I think I'm missing the gag!

snell said...

notintheface--the "techno-organic virus" that Cable has long held in check with his telekinesis has gained the upper hand, and is turning his whole body into...well, whatever raging techno-organic viruses turn you into...

Thomas Fummo said...

@snell: a shiny human-sized scab?

I do wonder if there was an editor's note box mentioning a quick trip to the bathroom for spidey and wolves to change clothes (or in spidey's case extract a new symbiote from the u-bend?).

Harry said...

I've always loved the black costume on Spidey, but isn't an off-panel costume change for himself and Wolverine just before a fight a bit gratuitous...?

Stephen said...

What if the puppies were infected with the techno-organic virus and had to be stopped by the X-Babies?

The puppies would turn out fine in the end, and the St. Louis Arch would be returned from Antarctica.

What were we talking about?