Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Night Fights--Worm-Eating Scum Style!!

It's The Green Gauntlet this week at Friday Night Fights, a special St. Patrick's Day battle which must include a green character.

Well, I'm going with the first thing that popped into my head--from one of the very first super-hero comics that I ever owned (and must have read one billion times).

So, the Green Goblin has just killed Gwen Stacy--

Yeah, I'm going there.

Anyway, Spider-Man has just tracked down the Goblin, and ambushed his ambush attempt:













Of course, a couple of panels later, the Goblin will accidentally kill himself with his Goblin Glider. Really. Dead. Oh, Spacebooger, how naive we were back then...

Spidey beats the living bejesus out of Norman Osborn way back in Amazing Spider-Man #122 (1973), , with the able assistance of Gerry Conway, Gil Kane, and Johhny Romita & Tony Mortellaro.

Now, I'm not telling you that you have to vote for me. But if you don't, the evil and vile Notre Dame football team may show up on your doorstep, and then you'll wish you had me at your back...

1 comment:

Captain Blog said...

Perfect!
I had to get the Marvel Tales reprint first and then lucked up with a sale at the Comic Conspiracy in the mid-eighties:
#121 and 122 for FIVE BUCKS apiece!
Ahh. The good old days.
Thanks for the memories.