Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Saddest Thing I've Ever heard

From the Answer Man column from DC books in January 1980:

What?? No Super Friends on Earth-2?? What the hell did their children watch on Saturday mornings?!?

Next thing you'll be telling me they don't have Tiny Titans on Earth-2. Poor bastards!

Elsewhere in that same Answer Man column:

Uhhh, because it would be awesome?

(Yeah, I know they're all available online these days...and I know DC had a couple of coffee table books, but those are out of print. A book to just leaf through would be cool...How about on DVD-Rom, DC? Oh, that's right, you guys don't do actual digital media...so sorry)

Damn...too bad this didn't stay true, or we could have avoided that whole Identity Crisis stupidity...

3 comments:

Fanboy Wife said...

Hee, hee!

ShadowWing Tronix said...

Oh, you WISH that would have stopped them.

By the way, nice layout. I like the bookshelf in the background. Fits the site.

notintheface said...

If I may channel my inner Rozakis for a moment, it wouldn't have stopped them because even back then Ralph's identity was publicly known. Timmy Drake would still have a dad, though.