Monday, February 16, 2009

Manic Monday--Everyone Loves Chachi!!

OK, so we were pretty hard up for celebrities in 1980:

Ahh, Teen Beat!!But how do I know the starts will really get my letters?!?

You mean both Andy Gibb AND Richard Hatch??But where can I find out about my favorite stars' turbulent love lives?


Well, not such a secret anymore, I guessYes, but where can I get maximum Chachi?!?

Dude, he's like Fonzie's cousin!!Who else can I write to??

One of these names/is not like the other...BONUS: Posters!!

Oh, how i miss C.H.I.P.S
Oh, Bionic Woman, we won't even call you out by your actress' name--that's how hot the character is!!I did say we were hard up for celebrities...

Ads from Charlton Classics Presents Hercules #2 (1980)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure if Shaun Cassidy hadn't been so frickin stupid....he could've been the Anti-Christ.

clarkins said...

I don't even know half these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime.

De said...

Eight is Enough?! Hell yeah! Can't get enough Dick Van Patten!

allendl181 said...

Its always funny/sad how advertisers didn't seem to understand the tremendous lag time in comic publishing. Or maybe they just bought ads that ran for a really long time? Because half those shows--Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, Starsky & Hutch--had been canceled well before 1980. And the Bay City Rollers? They were popular for about 5 minutes in 1974! Also, I have to ask, how often was the editor of Charlton Classics Present Hercules writing and interviewing Andy Gibb and Richard Hatch?