Monday, September 15, 2008

Manic Monday--Son Of Still More Crap My Parents Never Bought Me

Deprived, I tell you, I was deprived:

Build your own ROM??Oh, c'mon, Mom, it's only $1!!

Great moments in ad copy: is there anything more thrilling than the simple statement "You'll be thrilled."?? No exclamation point, no bold face, no different font...just drone it out. Did Ben Stein write this??

My plans for potential world domination were thwarted because my parents wouldn't respond to an ad in Gold Key's Star Trek #27 (1974). I bet Dr. Doom had one of these growing up...

2 comments:

David C said...

That's pretty bad even by comic ad standards. You don't even get a cheap cardboard "robot," you get *plans* for a cheap cardboard robot!

De said...

Nothing strikes fear into the hearts of friends and family like a cardboard robot.