Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Best Cover You've Never Seen--Superman #289 (1975)

Sadly, the ghostly figure doesn't turn out to be a dimensionally-shifted Terra-Man...

Superman & the horseman by Curt Swan & Bob Oksner. The rest of the cover, according to GCD, is "Mostly photo cover, with photos of Bob Rozakis, Cary Bates, Jack C. Harris, Carl Gafford, and E. Nelson Bridwell. Julius Schwartz's records credit this cover to Jack Adler & Staff, indicating the cover was pasted up from other sources."

1 comment:

Donald G said...

Not only have I seen it, I used to own it. Either I or my little brother bought this comic off the spinner rack in '75. I remember the cover much more than the actual story. Now, "Don't Get Off on the Thirteenth Floor" over in Action Comics, THAT was a memorable story.