Saturday, April 6, 2013

SPOILER ALERT--Our Princess (And Project Rising Spirit) Is In Another Castle!!

You all know by now that I am no fan of incentive covers, especially for "theme" months.

Back in my day a cover told you what was in the comic--even the lyingest covers--and helped to sell the books. And, in concession to my crappy memory, a good cover helped me remember what books I had already read when I encountered a stack at garage sale of quarter bin.

Whereas these specialty covers so rampant today--attractive only to obsessive collectors--exist solely as a way to artificially boost sales numbers, and probably do nothing to help gain new reader., Which is the opposite of what covers should be doing.

But I'll be damned if these "8-bit" covers for Valiant's June releases--by Matthew Waite--don't have me lusting after them:





I guess I'm not so old and cranky after all...

No comments: