Monday, September 26, 2011

Manic Monday--When To Kiss A Boy

Of all the many problems plaguing young women of the early 1970s, perhaps none was more vexing than...

Fortunately, DC Comics was there to help, with this helpful text page in Girls' Love Stories #159 (1971). For example:

Of course, later on the page...

But wait...you just told me to....I mean...what if he's "downhearted and depressed" and that means he's "not in the mood"??? Man, this is more complicated than I thought!

More advice:

But...
But you just told me to kiss him at the bus station and airport!!! That's a public display of affection, right?? This is so confusing!!

OK...
Now wait a minute, helpful lifestyle text page!! You're contradicting yourself here!!

OK, one more try...

Good thought...but...

So...kiss him whenever you've had a good date...but don't kiss him too often...so that's means there's lots of "not wonderful" evenings in this relationship? Or they're all wonderful, but you don't go out too often so you don't risk "cheapening" your kisses?? But...wait...uhhh...

DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!


GIFSoup

Man, I am so not cut out to be a 1970s teenage girl...

Yes, all of these tips came from the exact same page, although I did alter the order a bit...

Of course, given last week's DC output, these days the column might be entitled "Do You Know When To..." Nah, I won't go there. Oh, wait, I just did...

2 comments:

SallyP said...

My mind is officially boggled.

spiderkev said...

I don't know,kiss after the ectasy kicks in?