Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tell Your Newstand Vendor That A Giant Talking Rabbit Sent You!

So, you're a crimefighter with a little time on your hands between fighting arch criminals. What do you do?

Hmmm, I don't know. If I were a ten year old boy in the body of a powerful adult, I might find several more important things to do besides read a long-running competitor of Popular Mechanics. And no, I'm not even talking about the dirty stuff, you perverts!

Well, OK, there's two endorsements. Still, given that Captain Marvel Jr. could be flying around with actual airplanes (and rockets, and flying saucers, and...), maybe the appeal of building model planes for this particular celebrity endorser is somewhat less than it would be for a more pedestrian spokesman.

But I will admit, it's an impressive array of folks pitching this magazine to me. You got anybody else?

A super-powered anthropomorphic rabbit telling me what to read? SOLD!!!!

Ad from Bulletman #14 (1946).

No comments: