Saturday, October 29, 2016

Tales From The Quarter Bin--"Every Piece Will Say I Love You!"

Someone call Lin-Manuel Miranda...

...I've got an idea for his next musical!!

Seriously, "You could cut me up in a thousand pieces!/And every piece will say I love you!" is probably the best lyric from a musical that's never actually been in a musical...

FYI, this is based upon a book by David Wilkerson detailing his work ministering to youth gangs in 1960s New York City. It was also made into a movie starring Pat Boone. The comic adaptation is from 1972. No, I have no idea what the girl is looking at.

2 comments:

Jonathan Linneman said...

Awesome...I remember this one from my childhood. By the time I got into comics, my family had a few of these Spire releases floating around...this one, an Archie title, and a couple issues of Adventure with the Brothers. Not even sure how we got them, but they're probably some of the first comics I ever read.

Mista Whiskas said...

I had this one as well, from my Sunday School I think. Great post!