Saturday, June 8, 2013

Et Tu, Goofy?

You may remember how upset I was recently at an issue of Tarzan that featured him fighting a shark on the cover, and there wasn't even a single shark anywhere in the issue.

My mood was not brightened by a later issue of Tarzan which featured him fighting sharks on the cover. And while this issue did have sharks in it, Tarzan did not fight them...he merely escaped from them.

So, that's it. I will no longer be taken in by comic books that promise heroes fighting sharks in their covers. Nope, I've learned my lesson. Won't happen again...

Wait. What's this?!? Oh, all right, I'll try again. It's only a quarter...and a Disney comic wouldn't lie to me..would it?

Of course, THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SHARK IN THE ENTIRE ISSUE.

Super Goof #51 (1979), you are dead to me!!

No, of course you're not. How could I stay mad at you, Super Goof? Especially when you feature a story with dozens of Bizarro Super Goofs?




"Swarm of sinister Super Goofs". OK, all is forgiven for the shark business...this time.

No comments: