Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Night Fights--Shocking, Positively Shocking Style!!

Well, it wouldn't be Friday Night Fights if I didn't work Shang Chi in there somewhere.

The situation--Shang is fighting Lancaster Sneed, former MI-6 agent gone rogue. Sneed is especially deadly, because not only is he an accomplished martial artist, but he's also the deadly Shockwave!!

Yes, Shockwave. That goober yellow suit he wears is actually the ultimate offensive/defensive weapon. Touch any part of it, and you receive a very nasty shock. He hits you--ZAP. You hit or kick him--ZAPP!!

Well, Sneed has Shang on the ropes a bit. Shang had found a wooden board to use as a non-conductive weapon, but Shockwave whittled that down to a little piece of wood.

So what's Shang Chi to do? Watch and learn, grasshopper, watch and learn:



Drop the board, kick it as it falls, and cream Shockwave. Now THAT is how Feet Of Fury should work!!

Man, I wish Spacebooger would let me show more than 3 panels from this fight...

Fu Manchu's son is kickin' it old school in Master Of Kung Fu #72 (1979), as presented by Doug Moench, Mike Zeck, and Bruce Patterson. Have I mentioned how much I loved Mike Zeck's MOKF?!? Criminally underrated...


2 comments:

Shockwave: Decepticon Commander Supreme said...

So, would you be in league with Spacebooger? "Shockwave" *AND* Shang-Chi the same week as ShadowWing Tronix and myself. And a poor Shockwave at that. I shall destroy him later. Or call my lawyer.

notintheface said...

Kneel before ZECK!