Thursday, May 22, 2008

The 300...Licence To Kill

Well, this is the big 3-0-0, and sadly, I don't have anything really special planned.

Oh, wait, yes I do:

Keeping the British end upThat's right, it's Stage 2 in the Monstrobot plan to conquer the internet: my new James Bond movie blog, I Expect You To Die!

I'm a HUGE Bond fan, and I wanted to celebrate the countdown to Bond 22, Quantum of Solace. But I didn't want to bore you peeps who aren't into 007. So, I decided to keep Slay Monstrobot purely comic book (mostly), while spinning off a second piece of the empire.

I Expect You To Die! is going to be weekly or semi-weekly, and it won't interfere with my (mostly) daily posts hereabouts. So if you're at all interested in glory that is James Bond in action, head on over and check it out.

Meanwhile, let's take a quick retrospective of some of this blog's greatest hits:

*Judge Dredd vs. Stan Lee (really)
*Superman vs. a TRS-80 (really)...and Superman loses!
*SHATNER!
*Underdog comics are the best place to find sex toys
*Bob Haney, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Gorillas
*So very close to being the BEST--COMIC--EVER!!
*The single most unjustified use of Jimmy Olsen's signal watch EVER!

All right, that's enough. Tune in every day for more of the same old same old. Peace out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 300 posts! I'm closing in on 500 myself, so hats off to a fellow blabbermouth!

Also, good luck on the Bond Blog. I can't imagine trying to keep two blogs going, but if anyone can do it, Snell can.

Okay, lightning round: Favorite Bond and why.

snell said...

Well, it's only a (sort of) weekly, I know my topics well ahead of time (a movie per week), and it's not permanenet (so I say now). So I should be able to handle it.

Favorite Bond is Connery, because he embodied it all. The enjoyment of luxury, the hard-edged killer beneath, the subtle self-mockery of his pergormance..he's the man.